Created by: Marcel Navarro (1919- ) The Stories
Scripts: Franco Frescura
Art: Luciano Bernasconi
L'Autre [The Other] is the story of an extra-dimensional alien with shapeshifting powers who has been sent by an evil intelligence -- the "Great Mind" -- to sow "ruin, fear and chaos" on Earth. He is discovered and pursued by French journalist, Jean Vlad. The Other claims to be Vlad's extra-dimensional counterpart -- indeed, in ep. 4, Vlad is sent to the Other's native dimension and undergoes a complete role reversal and becomes the monster. The Other can return home only after accomplishing his nefarious mission, and defeating Vlad in single, hand-to-hand combat.
1. Je t’attendais Jean Vlad [I Was Waiting For You, Jean Vlad] (FU 11, 1973)
2. La Grande Confrontation [The Great Confrontation] (FU 12, 1973)
3. Au Bord de l'Abime [On The Edge of the Abyss] (FU 13, 1973)
4. Un Monde Inconnu [An Unknown World] (FU 14, 1973)
5. Saut dans le Vide [Jump Into The Void] (FU 15, 1973)
6. Gel, Feu, Soleil, Tenebres [Frost, Fire, Sun, Darkness] (FU 16, 1973)
7. Rampants et Volants [Crawling And Flying Things] (FU 17, 1974)
8. Vainqueur et Vaincu [Victor & Vanquished] (FU 18, 1974)
L’Autre is virtually a remake of Wampus which had been cancelled after only six issues because of censorship problems. As a result, it is a tamer and far less nihilistic series. The two aliens, however, share the same unique eye design. L'Autre was published in "Futura" Nos. 11-18 (1973-74).
LUCIANO BERNASCONI'S OFFICIAL SITE